The All Cornwall Autumn Species Competition 2018
15th and16th September 2018
- This competition; is exclusively for anglers fishing on any registered charter boat operating out of any port in Cornwall and providing said Skipper has registered with us to take part. There is no fee for either the Skipper or his/her boat. Donations to the prize fund however are more than welcome.
- Skippers; by agreeing to take part, will be seen as both the score keeper as well as adjudicator for the anglers on his/her boat.
- The cost of entry; is £20 per day. This is a single day event running over two days so anglers may enter once or twice as long as they pay £20 per day and they can use the same or different charter boats.
The event will take place on the days of 15th and 16th September 2018 for a period of not more than 8 hours between dawn and dusk on each day.
- Scoring; Points are awarded for every fish caught, up to a maximum of 5 fish from any one species. Each species has a point’s value as advertised in our species listing on the species page.
A further 10 points are awarded for the first fish of every additional species.
- Fishing Time: Fishing is restricted to any unbroken eight hour period on each of the two days. The time starts when fishing commences and once started the clock does not stop.
- Skippers; Are asked to send a basic list of results to RSA-UK via email Please us the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org and please note we need to have these scores by no later than 6pm on Monday 11th June 2018. All entry forms should then be sent back to us by using the stamped and addressed envelope provided.
- Prizes; RSA-UK is a non-profit org therefore all monies received by way of entry and or donation will go to the prize fund after the cost of running the event have been taken into account. Full details will be published on this site and it is our intention to be completely open and transparent over this.
- All prize payments; will be made at our prize presentation night on Tuesday 12th June 2018. Any unclaimed prizes will then be paid out via our pay pal set up.
- RSA-UK competitions; are run by allowing a maximum of three hooks and one rod in use at a time. Treble hooks are counted as one hook. Fish must be boated to count and to be clear if the skipper deems it appropriate to release a fish at the side of the boat then that counts as a boated fish.
- The only permitted method of fishing; is that of attracting the fish to take the hook by mouth, be it by use of bait or lure. Fish that are unintentionally foul hooked ‘will’ count providing the above method of fishing is the only one used.
- Prohibited fishing areas; Fish caught while the boat is still in the harbour, marina, or at other boarding points including swing moorings will not be counted.
- Disputes; Any issues have to be reported in writing to email@example.com by no later than 6pm on Monday 11th June 2018. All decisions made thereafter will be final.
- Cancellation; policy; In the event of any boat being unable to take part due to bad weather then the entry fees of the anglers affected will be repaid via our PayPal facility. Any decision to cancel will be down to the individual skipper and his/her decision will not be questioned, we do however expect the skipper to inform us asap via phone and or email.
This event is sponsored by